Registration Fee: $180
2017 Diabetes Update (4CEUs)
• Summarize key changes to the American Diabetes Association Standards of Care for People with Diabetes
• Discuss new drug therapies for diabetes that are currently available;
• Outline potential targets beyond A1c that are relevant to people living with diabetes, including glycemic variability, weight control, quality of life and hypoglycemia;
• Discuss the relationship between self-monitoring blood glucose and glycemic control;
• Define patient specific glucose patterns based on self-monitoring blood glucose log; and
• Recommend dosage adjustments of diabetes medications based on glycemic indicators such as A1C and SMBG results.
FLORIDA LAW UPDATE
Validation of Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (2 CEUs)
Overview: This 2 hour program complies with the mandatory continuing education requirements of Florida Board of Pharmacy’s Administrative Rule 64B16-27.831 and includes information to facilitate pharmacists’ use of sound professional judgment when dispensing controlled substances.
• Discuss importance of equitable access to controlled substances for all patients with a valid prescription;
• Review essential steps in the proper assessment of prescriptions for therapeutic value; and
• Review the use of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program’s Database.
Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants Prescribing Controlled Substances (2 CEUs)
• Discuss requirements for controlled substance prescribing as per Florida Statue 456.44 (FS 456.44);
• Review process for controlled substance prescribing practitioner designation; and
• Review the CDC opiate practice guidelines.
2017 AIDS HIV Update (4 CEUs)
Overview: This 4 hour program will provide the participants with a comprehensive review of pathophysiology, diagnosis, clinical presentation and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
• Summarize the pathophysiologic features of HIV infection
• Discuss current epidemiological impact of HIV infection in Florida and the U.S.; and
• Outline therapeutic management of HIV infection and problems encountered by HIV infected patients during treatment.